We took the kids to see Toy Story 3 last week. (Finally, I know!) No surprise, I loved it. As I’ve pondered the film over the past few days, a few thoughts have come to mind (spoiler alert) in no particular order:
1. I loved the scene where the toys began grasping each other’s hands at the landfill. When people are headed into the fire, they need to hold on to each other’s hands. You may or may not get out alive, but at least you’re in it together.
2. You are never too old to play with toys. Never lose your childish imagination.
3. I don’t even want to think about my children leaving for college yet. Life maybe crazy, but I’m not ready for them to grow up (yet).
4. Yes, I cried. I’m a sentimental, sappy sort of guy. I’m totally OK with that.
5. With a bit of disco and flare, Ken and Barbie REALLY can live happily ever after… as can Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. Spice up your life, embrace adventure, have fun, love hard and stay together!