until it slaps you in the face.

until it slaps you in the face.

On Friday night we were finishing up Taco night with the kids, and we got a phone call. Our friends around the corner invited themselves over for a campfire in our back yard. And all at once, it sounded like exactly what we needed. We cleaned up dinner, played with...

on humilty.

My basement boys started meeting again. Though not in the basement, rather in the coffee shop of a grocery store. But nonetheless, we’re meeting again. It’s a very good thing. It’s great to process life with another human being, especially when you...
on hosptitality.

on hosptitality.

For a while Jenna and I have been talking about community in the context of hospitality. For the past two weeks, Jeff has discussed hospitality as the love of strangers. Yesterday the passage specifically coming from Romans 12 with the phrase “Practice...

Passing Community 401.

I go through periods where I think that I’m done with community. I think we all feel at one point or another that life would be easier if we just lived in a fox hole. So many of us who call ourselves Jesus followers enter into a faith community – whether that be how...

owning the mission.

I was talking with a friend over coffee the other night. The conversations started with nothing in particular really: movies, music, pop culture, etc. You know, regular small talk for two church programming guys having coffee. Somehow we started talking about...

right now it’s how I feel.

I just finished writing an e-mail to an old college friend. I do this from time to time, talk to friends from college. Sometimes through those conversations, I’m brought back to an ephemeral moment that meant so much at the time but with so many years in between...

Pin It on Pinterest